Elevate Your Advocacy
From telling our stories to hosting a member of Congress for a facility tour, manufacturers are making their voices heard and shaping critical policy debates from their shopfloors. The NAM’s Advocacy Toolkit serves to provide customizable resources and tools that are helping manufacturers directly engage with key decision makers and policies that will help manufacturers compete to win.
Manufacturers are driving our industry’s future, and it’s our job to amplify your efforts along the way. Please contact us with any thoughts or questions on how to maximize your company’s engagement.
To make sure our officials hear us loud and clear, it’s important that we take advantage of the primary engagement channels that officials use every day. The Engaging Congress section offers key resources and tips on how to best engage officials through email, calling and town halls.
Hosting a Facility Tour
Conducting manufacturing facility visits for members of Congress and their staff is a powerful way to build relationships for your company and increase support for an agenda that is driving America’s competitiveness. This section will help you plan, prepare for and conduct a successful facility tour and ensure that your experience is as effective as possible.
Media Training & Telling Your Story
When manufacturers use their voices, key decision makers in Washington, D.C. and every day Americans listen. To better understand what the industry needs to succeed, lawmakers and community members need real-life insights into the operations and successes of manufacturers in America. Your voice is the ticket.
As a trusted news source, the NAM helps manufacturers elevate their voice and advocacy efforts through guidance and tailored trainings that help companies break into the news cycle. Can we help you tell your story? Contact us today.
Become an NAM Ambassador
The NAM is working with manufacturers who would like to become a leading voice on priority issues facing the industry. Ambassadors will have the opportunity to…
- Advance the NAM’s ability to advocate on your behalf by sharing stories or anecdotes about how a policy issue affects your business.
- Spread key messages about manufacturing issues and drive social media conversations about pro-manufacturing priorities.
- Join colleagues across the manufacturing industry in signing official letters to Congress on top manufacturing priorities.
- Host elected officials for a facility tour and invite other manufacturers and community leaders to participate (or agree to do so virtually).
- Work with the NAM to submit an op-ed, letter to the editor, or making a media appearance on a NAM priority issues.